Agnostic.com

2 0

So - what is the logical conclusion to "friends w/ benefits"? -- I understand the "marriage contract" bit -- but is there commonly something similar to FWB? What happens when one gets terminally ill? I can see the virtue of FWB - in all manners except this.

pops410 5 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The point of the FWB relationship is that there's no social contract, I think. Peoplle in such a relationship can have casual sex without the deep emotional ties. I am skeptical that as humans it might be rare for such an arrangement to work because I alway develope emotions for the person I have sex with.

Right - I guess I have a hard time developing the concept of casual sex ... It's one thing to think of sex as flying to Vegas and hitting the Bunny ranch circuit (can't get more casual than that) - but w/ someone you've discussed the meaning of life w/ (or even favorite foods - just something deeper than hows the weather) -- don't see casual sex

Thank you for this question. The FWB concept is an enigma to me being a baby boomer. I would hope a friend would still be there when a mortal wound is encountered. Such as during the AIDS epidemic when women, especially gay women, stepped up to nurse those who were infirmed. It completely alterred the gender segregated gay population. currently gay women's bars are nolonger common as gay men embrace their sisters & the straight (cis-gendered) world accepts diversity in this country. So I am looking forward to see other explanations for the FWB phenom.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43110
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.