Agnostic.com

28 3

Agnostic vs Atheist

I need help understanding... I’m in a Facebook group for Atheists/agnostics and there is almost a daily battle going on about not being able to be BOTH! So I need help with understanding where I stand... I don’t BELIEVE in any god, I don’t even care to. Secondly, no, I can’t prove if one exist or not...SO WHERE DO I FALL?🤷🏾♂️

Donne 5 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are 2 views:
1 is that there is a 2d spectrum 1 line from theist to athiest, and agnostics fall imbetween not willing to commit to either side.

The other sees another dimension to the discussion...theist to atheist and Gnostic to agnostic.
This view you can be both.

In either case the distinction can be more symatic or tribalistic than it is useful. But if you want to "choose you side" particularly in the first case, you need to decide how confident you are that there is no God and if your willing to throw in with close enough to be certain/atheist or not sure agnostic.

I'd trough myself in the atheist camp if forced but prefer the second more dynamic description and think both are less usedul than discussing the issues.

Taco God exist, so, you are falling on lack of knowing.

Word Level 8 Dec 4, 2019

Who is Taco God?

@Flowerwall have you eaten a taco? Then you would be a taco God.

@blahblah Then I’m a hot dog god? With catsup, or ketchup?

@yvilletom I didn't create a hot dog God. I created taco God to be anyone that has eaten a taco. Hot dog might could almost be equated by general shape and stuff in a ground grain (wheat/corn) folded .

My son, after hearing of my taco God, suggested he might make a pizza God for himself. I do not know if he officially did it or not.

It is said, "man created god", if you are a person, you can create a hot dog God if you like. Some people like giving sarcasm worship to the non-existent flying spaghetti monster sky God, it is the pasta god of illogical atheist.

I would consider you an agnostic. Nevertheless, it's only a denomination. Not too important.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:434488
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.