Agnostic.com

16 5

High School Bullying

I got bullied for so many reasons. The major ones were because teenagers were just cruel.

1. I was on the Honor Roll by my 2nd trimester in my Freshman year. I listened more than some teens and I understood the assignment that was given the first time. I did a lot of extra credit papers, passed my tests with a B+ or higher, and I took notes on everything. Teenagers made fun of me because some teachers told me I didn't have to take their finals because my grade won't change.

2. I was seen around the campus all the time with books. I was an avid reader and I read in class a lot, while I ate lunch in my favorite teacher's classrooms and in the library. I got a note from a wannabe gansta asking if we could go on a date and read books. I reported it and nothing was done. The same guy pushed me off my crutches before I got my torn ACL fixed and screamed, "Goggles!" at me because of my thick glasses. It attracted a crowd because I couldn't get up and I was crying from the pain. Rumors spread to the popular jocks and the cheerleading squad. It got so bad I had to switch high schools.

3. My visible cleft palate issue. It looked the same as it did in high school. I got called ugly a lot. I wore boys cargo pants and black hoodies to hide my stick figure. I developed a really bad inferiority complex because of parents, teens, and kids staring at me and saying I was ugly and some told me to wear a mask. Now that I've lost 50 lbs from my young adulthood, found a haircut that looks good on me, and worked hard for my beach body, people are noticing me now. Men stare and I hate it. I can't go on dating apps because all the men blow up my messenger. I'm so used to being called ugly up until 1 year ago, that I can't figure out how to accept compliments without thinking that people are lying to me.

4. My wheeling backpack. I got it because I considered it as a smart choice. Seniors would walk hunched over a lot with heavy bags. I didn't want to have back problems when I became a Senior. I didn't want to slouch. It saved me money and I don't slouch as an adult. I stand up straight.

5. Being all the teacher's favorite in the majority of my classes, all the way unto college. I'm a nice person and I relate to older people better than teenagers my own age. In grade school at recess, I was always seen talking to the recess aids. I didn't play with the kids in my class. Or I walked around the track to where the leaves were. There were a group of ladybugs in the leaves. So I played with those.

Were you bullied in high school?

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I apologize that this technically isn't about just school bullying, but I am currently in a situation where I found out my kids dad now my ex, was sleeping with my best friend of 15 years, a neighbor who said she was my friend, and also a guy friend I had. Needless 2 say we are no longer friends. I figured that was the end of it. We all, except 4 the male friend, live in the same apartments. Since this was all found out, the 2 women have tried several times 2 convince me 2 kill myself. They call from private numbers, they say it when I see them in the parking lot, they even asked my 2 and a half year old son when we saw them in the store why mommy hadn't killed herself yet. I am dealing with it as best as I can, but recently I found out that my eldest son, who is 15, has been getting harassed on the bus by on of their daughters. Bullying is bullshit. Period. But when you have a parent who is teaching this 2 their kids, its very hard 2 see an end 2 it some day.

Byrd Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

Yes. I hope he is okay?

Were dealing with it. I think it bothers me more than it does him. He's a pretty smart kid so he usually doesn't let it get 2 him. I on the other hand pretty much don't leave my apartment anymore unless I have 2

@Byrd Oh, okay.

No, but in middle school, yes.
Standing up and pushing back just didn't occur to me at the time.

Oh, okay.

Same here, middle school was awful. You know what fixed it? I started hanging around the bad kids and became a juvenile delinquent. That's how messed up society was even then. People that used to bully me, then became my friends cuz now I was "cool".

@realneal54 I've heard that. It didn't happen for me. Too geeky for the fighters probably.
Situations change. People fade out. Eventually I started punching back.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Kids and adults can be very cruel.

I was a nerdy loner kid in junior high and high school. It was a small school so the junior high and high school kids were in the same building. I got picked on a lot all the way from 7th grade through freshman year by a couple of guys on the football team. Over the Summer before sophomore year I grew bigger (and stronger since I lived on a farm). I joined the football team and had good time "legally" knocking the crap outta those guys during tackling drills and scrimmages.

Oh wow.

I hung out with 2 others in high school and we were not the "in crowd." From time to time someone would try to bully us or bully me. Usually I just knocked the shit out of them! That's true. I was never a wimp and they were asking for it by bullying. Of course, I warned them before doing anything.

Wow.

Kids are the cruellest and I hate bullies.

Yes they are and me too.

fuck them Sarah

I'm alot older than you. Maybe things have changed some. I would say you are lucky you are a girl. Boys don't just get bullied, they get beat up. Eventually I fought back pretty good. People (physically) left me alone for a while. Then I got double teamed. Highschool sucked.

I'm sorry to hear that. ?

Depends upon where you are, I guess. I was bullied and beat up at school. I swear it was "Lord of the Flies" country.

It varied between me being persona non grata and being bullied all through middle school and h.s. I was a funny-looking stick of a kid and was constantly called ugly to my face. Kids would constantly scratch up any pictures of me that they could get to. I was attacked several times, things of mine were stolen, et cetera. I always said the wrong things, so I withdrew until I didn't speak to anyone and then got grief for that, too.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear kids were that mean to you.

@Sarahroo29 thanks. We've both been through some shit, haven't we?

I hate that you had such terrible experiences.

My last name is prone to bring about provocative comments. I caught a bit of hell for a while until the bullies realized that I had heard them all and they really looked stupid doing all of the "creative" name-calling. I knew more insults about my name than they could ever muster, so they eventually dropped it and just left me alone. I tended to hang with a nerdy bunch, many of which I had known since Kindergarten. We were a large enough presence and stuck together well enough through the years to minimize the bullying for the most part.

I had a few friends here and there.

I was ignored in high school more than I was bullied. Kids didn't want to hang around me because I was smart, nerdy and introverted. I had a few good friends and that was all---fortunately popularity wasn't a goal of mine.

I've never been popular, nor do I want to.

Very sorry for your experiences. I have been fortunate to never have really had any issues while in school.

Oh, okay. Nice name on here.

I'm sorry for your experiences. Kids can be so cruel. Two attempted bully encounters ended up in me fighting, and fortunately leaving an impression on the bullies. I've never liked fighting, but some of my older cousins taught me to defend myself, and threatened that if I didn't, they be the ones beating me up. I was taught that it is better to lose a fight than not defend yourself.

Yep.

There was a girl in high school who would block my locker every day. I had finally had enough. I asked her to move, she did, I made a snide comment, she came at me. I was smart enough to not throw a punch and made it look like I was just defending myself. She got suspended. Apparently I earned her respect as we never had an issue moving forward.

I was also relentlessly bullied in middle school for the dark hair on my arms. They gave me some terrible nicknames.

At about 6 years old I tried to shave my legs due to the bullies. I took off a shinfull of skin instead.

That stuff stays with you.

Ouch. I shaved my arms once. I never did it again.

Not to a large extent. I had a couple of people who would say some unkind things to or about me, but I luckily had a very good group of friends who supported me through tough times. Children can be quiet cruel, I'm sorry you had those experiences.

Mea Level 7 Mar 25, 2018

It's okay. I did hear that some of the bullies dropped out of high school or got GEDs. I talked to a friend that graduated from the school. I graduated from a different school.

Well hopefully your bullying days are over. It didn't sound like a great school friend wise. But many schoolI s have similar problems. Mature people will appreciate you for what you know and who you are. Not what your physical appearance is. As one gets older, at least in my case, when I am getting to know someone, I look past their outward appearance and relate to them on their personality and how they think. I take it you use to be introverted and now your more the opposite.

When I was in middle school, I was very quiet and introverted and I also experienced some bullying. By one kid in particular. I remember one time he came up on my back and hit me so hard it put my back out of place. That was the worst experience. I was told by my parents not to fight back. That would just get me into greater trouble. It was the religious thing I guess. I probably would have been better off had I fought back.

I'm an ambivert now.

I was bullied throughout my whole schooling. I like learning, which made me a visible target for everyone else. I grew up in rural cow country, USA.

I still hate most humans.

This^ is me, minus the cow country.

I now live in cow city, where people will stare at you with shock and revulsion if you're a female who has the temerity to skateboard in public.

Humans--I hates 'em.

@stinkeye_a So do I. I hate people too, yet I call myself a humanist. I care for humanity in general.

>Were you bullied in high school?

not really no.

Cool.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43488
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.