Agnostic.com

7 0

Why is it so hard to make friends post 30?

BrokenMarrow 7 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i found it easier to make friends once i was over 30. i don't mean that exact moment; i just mean it's easier as i get older.

g

It sounds bad to say but it is you. Also me, and most everyone as they get older.

Aside from time constraints, children and careers, as we age we tend to learn, and form opinions. It is hard to be pals with someone who has differing opinions on many key topics. Sadly the more educated you are and the more time you spend improving yourself the harder it will be to connect to people who are not doing the same.

I know people who have a huge group of friends while I have maybe a dozen close friends and maybe 4 that I see once a month or more. These larger circles near me are happy to wave confederate flags, share biases and light farts. I would rather stay home and read.

On the bright side, when you do make friends they will be better, closer bonds that will allow mutual growth. If that is not a part of it then what would be the point. If you ever happen to be near me, I will be happy to hang out.

I think it's hard because people mostly suck. Seriously, for many reasons, mostly due to being afraid of being authentic and unable to show up for others. I'm not saying I hate people, but in my experience, as an adult seeking new friends, it's truly a struggle. Also, perceived or real busyness.

Completely agreed to ehat you said.

At thirty, I knew everything...only had friends that knew I knew everything....at fourty, too busy making" it" by the time was fifty,....only interested in people that could help me make it to "it".........at fifty, had'nd made it to "it", and was resentful of everybody that had "held me back" bad marriage & ect, lousey bosses.....at sixty, begin to realize I might have done things differently and come out better...started seeking new ways, looking for alittle help......at seventy-five, realizing what a complete fuck-up I've been

Bc, by 30, you are working, tending to a home, maybe have kids...
There's never enough time to be social anymore

In my experience, it gets worse after 40.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43504
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.