Agnostic.com

7 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go Illuminati!

About time the illuminati did something I agree with.

1of5 Level 8 Dec 6, 2019

It is fun that as the stories go, they create superpowered, imaginary enemies, that you would "Play Hell" ever defeating or getting rid of...That require a miracle to actually escape.

Someone mentioned Alex Jones. Here's a great read!

I Worked for Alex Jones. I Regret It. -- Josh Owens

"I dropped out of film school to edit video for the conspiracy theorist because I believed in his worldview. Then I saw what it did to people."

"It was early morning, and we were headed back to Austin after the trip that began in Islamberg. As we boarded our flight, I took my window seat close to the rear of the plane. An older woman wearing a hijab sat next to me. With her was a young girl, giddy with excitement, who bounced in the middle seat, holding a bag of pretzels. The woman leaned over and asked if I would let the girl sit by the window. “This is her first time on a plane,” she said. I agreed and moved my bag from under the seat.

"I thought of the children who lived in Islamberg: how afraid their families must have felt when their communities were threatened and strangers appeared asking questions; how we chose to look past these people as individuals and impose on them more of the same unfair suspicions they already had to endure. And for what? Clickbait headlines, YouTube views?"

[nytimes.com]

People believe the nonsense spewed by Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh too. PT Barnum was right.

But of course. They believe even more bizarre things,

Hahahaha. Sounds like The Outer Limits, the old original.

"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs, and explosions, and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, ideas, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own for the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is, is that these things can not be confined to the Twilight Zone.”

-- Rod Serling (Serling's afterthoughts from the episode, The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street, 1960)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:435134
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.