Agnostic.com

34 9

Music that feeds your “soul”

Do you have any bands that feed your being? I’ve had a rough week and weekend. Stumbled upon Concert for George on PBS. I have adored the Beatles since I discovered them in high school (1990ish). They always make me feel better. While I enjoy pretty much every damn song, I especially love them after they become less pop and started exploring more.

My heart and head are calming down.

Marcie1974 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Paul Simon, Leonard Cohen, Pink Floyd.

Prince's end of Guitar gently Weeps is classic

❤️

Anything but rap or country. I listen to everything from Motzart to Motorhead.
Some of my favorites:
Iron Maiden
The Who
The Pretty Reckless
Blue Oyster Cult

JimG Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

Florence + the Machine are definitely one of the bands that feeds my soul. ?

Oh yes!! Sadly I just recently “discovered” them.

Yes!Yes!Yes!

Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones, oh boy, am I showing my age.....lol

Though not very calming, Metallica is my go to for soul music. They have a song for every emotion.

So many. Different music to fit the need. Thrash about, crying time, retrospective, emotional insite, kiss off: all with their own music. Glad you're feeling better.

I have so many bands and albums and songs that feed my soul that I wouldn't bore you (or anyone else) with the list. But for sure, The Beatles are right at the top of it.

Red Hot Chili Peppers is my go to; great lyrics and a originalish sound. They're my go to on a hard day.

Soon after meeting my ex around 1995 he got me into SRV. I stupidly asked him if he tours and said I’d love to see him live. I’m still a little mad at him for turning me onto music I can never see live! Lol

@Marcie1974 It wasn't "stupid", you didn't know. Luckily, even though we can never see him live, he left so much music behind.

For me it's gotta be godsmack.

It depends....goes from Mozart to The Beatles....or maybe listening to Sislena Caparosa and, then, to Julio Sosa or Ima Sumac..

Sislena Caparrosa. Enjoy.

that gave me goosebumps!

S@Remi She is 16 y/o

Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas always seem to work for me. Like most of you, I have a long list with over 4,000 songs on my laptop, but those are probably my all-time favorites.

That was a great concert.

JS Bach. Particularly The Well Tempered Clavier:

As a kid there wasn't much music in the house. We sang in the choir (can't sing but loved singing). Then the Beatles hit the scene and my Dad loved the Beatles and the music of the 60's. He'd have the radio on music stations popular with young people so my horizons expanded (mom listened to news radio). But not until I moved out on my own at 20 did I discover JAZZ!! I enjoy alot of genres but jazz is what I listen for the background sound. The list of artists and songs is very long and very varied, the only music not included is rap and country western.

Depends on the mood, but Elvis Costello seems to have a tune for every occassion.

Assemblage 23, Android Lust, Voltaire, Black Tape for a Blue Girl...

I've never heard a song by the Beatles.

Listen to some, you might like them

@buzz13 I'm not into that type of music.

The Beatles without a doubt. The Traveling Wilbur’s. John Lennon solo. Gerry Rafferty. Jim Croce. The Police. Sting.......

I am in tune with anything but rap or hip-clap. My taste expands to 6 continents.

The Gaslight Anthem, and since they broke up, Brian Fallon's solo stuff.

The Gaslight Anthem or Muse, depending on the mood.

One of the albums that feeds and moves me the most is Obscured by Clouds by Pink Floyd.

Nathaniel Rateliff

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.