Agnostic.com

56 9

Are you attracted to people who are just comfortable being themselves from the start?

I'm trying to figure out if being too much myself on a first date is a bad thing or if I should treat dating like a job interview. Should I act better than I truly am?

paul1967 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I advise strongly, be yourself from the start, if you go over the top, ie super romantic, super generous, super nice, a year later, you have eased off a bit, but are still 10 times more romantic, generous etc than the next guy, but how could a girl not feel that that the way you treat her is not as good, you treat her less well? Is she less important to you now? Don't set he bar too high, of course don't set it too low either, that won't end well.

Don't lie, but be the best version of yourself. And try to be that version as often as you can regardless. That's my suggestion. But I'm single, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I wasn't suggesting lying. What I was saying is possible to be too much yourself. Should I dress better than I usually would? Should I smile and be more positive than I frequently am?

@paul1967 That's what I meant by lying — presenting yourself as someone you're not — as opposed to being yourself as anyone would see you on your best days. If you just mean putting your best foot forward, that to me isn't lying.

No. Just be yourself. Maybe try to be a little extra humorous. If they like you for you, thats 3/4 of the battle won right there.

Yes

Just be yourself. What's the point otherwise? Sooner or later the real you will pop out. If they don't like who you really are, then that's a good thing: you will know right away, and can move on to someone who does like the real you.

If you aren’t who you are , who else would you want to be ? Well you can’t be anyone else , the real you will always be stronger , why live a lie ? That takes energy that can be used more effectively

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.