Agnostic.com

56 9

Are you attracted to people who are just comfortable being themselves from the start?

I'm trying to figure out if being too much myself on a first date is a bad thing or if I should treat dating like a job interview. Should I act better than I truly am?

paul1967 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Be honest. I'm not suggesting turning up to a date looking like "Johnny from The Shining" but be yourself.
That's only what you want from your date ?

especially if he IS (looking like) 'johnny from the shining' i insist that he be himself - so i can organise my immediate retreat 😀

The only way to be is yourself. Let your true colors shine through. Honesty is always the best policy. If you don't, they you are lying to them and yourself.

Never be anything but who you are, for anyone. It's not worth it. Eventually, you have to go back to being yourself. Then, you can be accused of lying about yourself.

Right..I just had a quick experience with something concerning the heart of your question- as far as I understand it, anyway...love at first sight- really! because his dick doesn't work- but, found out that he is an alcoholic. I am a recovering addict ( I shall fill the hole in my brain forever..shopping, fucking, complaining, eating...) we are the same age, come from the same area- yet our differences are stunning. I have cancer and I take care of myself- he doesn't have cancer but he's a ticking timebomb for diabetes and hypertension (hot blooded portugee) here's the rub: I don't want to change him- but, I want to support him taking better care of himself. he says, 'I like who I am..." well, shit. what can you say? besides you are delusional, lol. so, if i'm making any sense, then i've gotten across the reality of a new attraction: more will be revealed. regarding your acting better than you truly are? chicks just first want to know if your dick is big and if you are butch and secretly submissive..handy man and good communicator, ya know? so, act like you are better than what? what are YOU there for?

Yes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.