Agnostic.com

6 10

Police Chief Tears Into Ted Cruz, McConnell For Caring More About NRA Than Gun Victims

“I don’t want to see their little smug faces about how much they care about law enforcement,” said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo before an officer’s funeral.

"Acevedo is particularly angry that the Senate hasn’t renewed the federal Violence Against Women Act. A provision of the bill passed in the House would close the so-called boyfriend loophole. Federal law currently prohibits felons and domestic abusers living with their victims from buying guns, but abusive dating partners living elsewhere can still purchase firearms.

"Brewster was killed, allegedly by the armed, abusive boyfriend of a Houston woman, as he responded to a domestic violence call.

"The bill is stalled, said Acevedo, “because the NRA doesn’t like the fact that we want to take firearms out of the hands of boyfriends that abuse their girlfriends.” He added: “You’re either here for women and children and our daughters and our sisters and our aunts, or you’re here for the NRA.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Raphael Cruz JUNIOR is married to one of the biggest thieves of taxpayers millions from Goldman Sachs "bailout" bonus money. ROBERT FRANCIS O'Rourke voted for the "bailout" of boyBush and Obama. Corruption cannot reform corruption 2018. So McConnell and Cruz rule all SENATE bills.

There are many cases of falsely accused men losing family treasured hunting weapons. Sadly, they are not protected by the "boyfriend loophole." NRA is a coalition of theocrats extremists and global war profiteers. So called domestic gun violence will not be solved by enabling more wrongful disarmament. Houston is ripe with illegal dope guns prostitution and false profiling. Like many other cities; high crime is caused by high unemployment and low wages.

[pewsocialtrends.org]

This is a research that gun manufacturer association quotes to say that law enforcement supports gun rights, but that is not true. In fact, it says that the majority of the law enforcement supports gun regulations. What, however, the MALE officers want is to be able to keep assault rifles. This shows that this "gun" debate is the issue of male identity of their masculinity to assault weapons.

I mean, I like the assault rifles. I think they are cool, and I am sometimes tempted to buy them. Yes, I suck. But I used to think smoking was cool too. Go figure.

Good for him. NRA is a really bad thing. I know I've posted this before but when DICKs sporting goods stopped selling assault rifles (and destroyed the five thousand they had already) they were punished by a steady growth in sales.

He was the Police Chief in Austin before going to Houston. He seemed to do a good job in Austin.

Thank goodness someone is standing up for them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:436703
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.