Agnostic.com

18 6

Ok, fellow community members—please share your response to the following question I was asked in a private message on this site:
“are you heterosexual....and are you sexually active?”
Go.
And Thank you all.

RoadGoddess 7 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Did they put the "Go" on as well? How naff.

Yikes! What a dickhead. What was he/she thinking!

Ahhh. Geee. That is a little forward. I have noticed that there are different attitudes toward sexuality and what is acceptable depending on where you are from and from what you have been exposed to in life. However, if this is someone you do not know I think it is inappropriate. I would say this person does not have much respect for you and your feelings or privacy. Gee. Maybe they were drunk. ?? That would not be an excuse bit perhaps an explanation.

Since you are obviously open to dating, as I can tell by seeing the little heart and the percentage next to your name, it is pretty obvious that you are, if nothing else, willing to be sexually active. I'm sure a quick visit to your profile page would answer any questions regarding your sexual preference, so I would regard that message as impertinent, if not downright abusive.

I read this one once... oh I'm sorry I think you mistook me for a future version of me who knows you better.

Lauxa Level 5 Mar 28, 2018

"Am I heterosexual? Wouldn't you like to know!" "Am I sexually active? Maybe, but not with you, for sure!"

It takes a lo of balls to ask a question like that.....block

The comment box says “Be as specific and detailed as you can. Use any personal experience or knowledge you might have.” Is there a way to include photos or illustrations?

Sounds like part of a questionnaire. That said, if uninvited, it's definitely a point of concern. It's along the line of accepting a friend request and the person immediately asks for your phone number. One giant red flag!

Yes and no. Sadly

I'd probably say "If that's your best chat-up line then I think I know why you're single!" LOL

1. Yes. 2) Define "sexually active."

Definitely weird! That'd be an instant block from me!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 26, 2018

That was way too personal for a first time chat. For that kind of question, there is the block feature. I would use it, if I were you.

The answer is: "Look mom, I've told you a thousand times, STAY OUT OF MY PERSONAL BUSINESS!!"

Heelarrreeusss!

Yes & barely. (Does fantasy count?)

Now, the first question is somewhat, if not completely, answered on one's profile page, if one answers, of course. The second is valid only if a relationship is blossoming, & should probably still not be stated so baldly. Now, that's just me, I'm an old fart & was brought up to be at least somewhat tactful, but I think being too blunt, too soon, can sorta chill things.

@RoadGoddess I don't blame you. Especially as you did not have "Hook-up" as an option in your profile, & even then, a little respect & patience is much more attractive than someone who rushes in like a 16 yo!

Nunya. Get closer to find out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.