Agnostic.com

3 2

Lin-Manuel Miranda's 'dream team' presents long-awaited 'In The Heights' trailer

"Award-winning "Hamilton" composer, lyricist and actor Lin-Manuel Miranda and film director Jon M. Chu might be the ideal dynamic duo that could bring Latinos the "Crazy Rich Asians" moment many have been craving for.

"Chu, who directed "Crazy Rich Asians," partnered with Miranda to adapt Miranda's Tony-winning musical "In The Heights" into a film set to be released in 2020 during the summer.

"In The Heights" is a story "about a block that is disappearing" and follows the lives of several characters dealing with issues of family, love and community as gentrification begins to take hold of their beloved, predominantly Latino neighborhood.

"The musical was praised for countering Latino stereotypes; one of the main characters, Nina, is a studious, ambitious young Latina who goes to Stanford University.

It's about Dreamers.

This movie is important in the age of Trump with Latino children in cages at the border and "Build That Wall."

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

YES!!!!!! I can hardly wait! Am tickled that Anthony Ramos (John Laurens/Phillip Hamilton) got the lead!

What a way to start my day!

Zster Level 8 Dec 13, 2019

I hope musical lovers will enjoy it. (Too bad, I'm not one of them...)

looks like it is going to be an amazing movie,,will go and see it

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:437531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.