Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK She installed a Ring camera in her children’s room for ‘peace of mind.’ A hacker accessed it and harassed her 8-year-old daughter.

“This is our first house,” the mother said. “It’s really sad to not feel safe.” Your fear has gotten you more than you asked for? This is one of two cases reported. How much worse will/can it get?

IAJO163 8 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sucks to be a single mom

It sucks even more to be fearfully overprotective.

@IAJO163 i agree but it sounds like she was leaving her kids alone over night while she worked, and trying to ameliorate the risks. The ring camera may be a poor choice, but the underlying issue of having no choice, or increfibly reduced choices, led to the whole mess.

@Burner It's about parenting and what we teach our children. I understand that fear has been raised in society but this is a little over the top. IMO.

Neato, she's teaching her kid it's ok to be watched. Wonderful. And here I thought I'd be a fucked up parent. Jezus

1of5 Level 8 Dec 12, 2019

Somehow "May God watch over them" wasn't working.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:437621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.