Agnostic.com

7 1

Is railing against multiculturalism a sign of bigotry?

• 11 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 1 vote
DJVJ311 7 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Railing about anybody's color, race, sex, age, political views, or beliefs is being a bigot

Not necessarily: an individual may be concerned about multiculturalism because they feel their own culture will be wiped out. However, 99.9% of people who oppose multiculturalism are just racist fuckwits.

(I do not oppose multiculturalism, incidentally. I feel it makes a society stronger, and immigrants bring nice food with them.)

Jnei Level 8 Mar 26, 2018

@macrobius I quite agree; I believe multiculturalism improves society and makes life more interesting.

I can't see how it could not be bigoted

If the rally resembles the March in VA then yes it is bigoted. On the other hand if it a rally to include, then no.

BillF Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

Sorry, changed the word. I meant more like "railing"

If you think your culture is the only culture that should be recognized then yes that would make you a bigot.

I am at a lost as to how and why anyone would rally against multiculturalism (whatever the term defines). Tell me what group in america that isnt multi-cultured?

@TheInterlooper Genocide and multiculturalism are two different things. Even amongst native americans there was / is multiculturalism. Choctaws and Apache are wholly different from one another. So whats your point?

@TheInterlooper Genocide is MUCH more than intent. Intent is too simple a term when applied to genocide. As far as the confederation of the five civilized tribes, their language and geography was the common thread. In North America the Confederation of the five was unusual, out of the hundreds of different nations they and just a few others presented a united front. I would liken it to the present day United States, we speak the same language, live in the same boundaries but we are all different culturally and politically. A Dem. isnt a Dem. on all issues and we certainly are not alike in our cultural makeup. The same with the five.

Bigots/white racists feel threatened by multi-cultural demonstrations/protests/marches. Look how they attacked Emma Gonzalez from Parkland because she represents the LGBTQ Community.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43768
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.