Agnostic.com

19 1

The vast collective wisdom of experience! 'How can you mend a broken heart?'

What's yer homemade remedy?

atheist 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We all got our own personal hangups, I have anxiety and depression, with my recent breakup, I kinda started reverting 2 old ways. I had been doing really well until I found out he was sleeping with my best friend of 15 years, a neighbor who said she was my friend, as well as a dude who was my friend. When I found out, the 2 "women" told me 2 kill myself. I went pretty dark for a bit. What helped me was 2 stay busy. I started making all the DR's appointments I had been putting off, I started visiting old friends more, I took my son for walks, I met new people. That's how I got on here! U got this, just keep looking forward

Byrd Level 7 Mar 27, 2018

The best way to get over a man is to get under a new one...they say...

Verified.

I suggest several trips to a decent massage parlor. Take money.

Brings a clarity to mind, puts relationships in context.

TIME!

With all this advice here it is time and sex lots of sex.

Ldox Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

Duct Tape! That stuff works on everything but duct work. One of the world's great mysteries is how it got its name.

Keep busy. Keep your mind active with things of interest.
Acceptance, take it as "it is what it is" so time to move on.
Now I'm assuming we are speaking of a breakup.
Don't get into another relationship but a romp might offset the discomfort.
Some fun time and some you time is always good.
Make plans for self-improvement and self-empowerment.

I usually go for crying in the shower, follow my a sleepless night on more crying...
Sometimes I can distract myself with a movie or TV show, but then again, that can make it worse. (I don't recommend Rom-Coms!!)
But in all seriousness, time helps, eventually getting out, doing things, and when you're ready, being open to new love.
Good luck.

@atheist The struggle is real, my friend. 😉

Live and learn. I've grown a lot, as we all do, from my experiences.

@atheist Ha ha! While I'm picking up what you're throwin' down, I'm sure you're wiser than you let on. 😉

Be patient with yourself. Time will ease the sting. Loving and taking good care of yourself is important, along with distracting yourself with things that make you happy.

Don't stay rooted and get on with life to take your mind off of it and you only have one.

Like falling off a horse, get back in the saddle. Fill the gap with something else or someone else.

Usually a broken heart is best repaired by a Cardiologist or heart surgeon.

Else let out the pain, feel free to cry (best done in more private, yes women or men, settings or with really understanding friends), don't dive into food unless you include some exercise, watch some tear jerker movies (ok to publicly cry for these), go do some fun activities/hobbies and then take in as many comedies as you can.

Remember you are a whole and you will survive.

Don't listen to the Bee Gees song or you'll get bummed out.

Time is the only answer.

Kintsugi…

@atheist Ah, if only that were mine! 🙂

Time, crying, hobbies, outings, and 100% zero communication with ex (or whomever) that is not absolutely required or urgent—as in children, business, shared responsibilities or bills.

As much as it hurt me in the moment, the very kindest thing my cheating ex did for me about 12 years ago was to NOT answer my phone calls or text messages.

Know exactly what you're talking about with the ex.

Time is the most important factor. Don't force it.

With a new heart. It's a new opportunity.

Duct tape and super glue.

Or a really good staple gun

@fathercat that's Red Green!!! Awesome!!

Time plus as much change and distraction as you can cram into a day, even though it will take tremendous strength to do so...dye your hair, buy a new bicycle or kayak, (something you have Never tried before!) Give Karaoke a whirl, learn to luge, whatever....?

@atheist or a puppy...less trouble!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.