Agnostic.com

4 2

Hopefully this site isnt anti christianity. Ive found alot of atheist chatrooms etc.. to be anti religion but christianity seems to be the only religion they know about. Im an atheist but I love history..culture..belief systems. Whats some of the more obscure belief systems you know of?

TaneHaugh 2 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like almost anyone who isn't an asshole, regardless of religion or lack thereof.

vita Level 7 Apr 29, 2018

Southcottians are the funniest I have come across. Well worth a laugh checking them out.

For those atheists who are anti-theist (not all are) they are going to be most knowledgeably opposed to what they're most familiar with. Which, in most of the West, is going to be some form of Christianity.

I have also noted over the years I've participated in this and other sites, that there just aren't that many ex-Muslims (for example) or Muslim apologists that post, so the topic simply does not come up. I have seen them -- a few Muslims, and a Hare Krishna devotee once. But they're infrequent.

Also ... not all theists are proselytizing, or have a malfunction with people not agreeing with them, including atheists. This is more a feature of the Abrahamic "people of the book" -- Christians, Jews, Muslims. I doubt you'd have many Hindus or Buddhists or Taoists crusading against atheists. Hindus, because they're polytheist and not into "one true god" ideology, Buddhists and Taoists because they don't even have a deity as such.

You'll find all types here - some users are very, even vehemently, antitheist; others (including myself) find religions interesting and are not fundamentally opposed to them. We also have a variety of users from non-Christian backgrounds (again, myself included) and several from an academic background who have an awareness and deep understanding of different faiths. We are, as the saying goes, a broad church; I hope you'll find the site and community to your liking.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 26, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.