Agnostic.com

5 0

POLL Nearly 1 in 4 adults in the US will be severely obese by 2030, study suggests | Ars Technica

I could have predicted this just from looking around the parking lot of ANY Walmart. And it's not b/c I live in SW VA, which is somewhat akin to W. VA in certain demographics. I do not understand this. Study and study keeps reinforcing the benefits of EXERCISE and HEALTHY DIETS.....so why is this a trend? Poll below!

• 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
BookDeath 8 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are places in America where they have already surpassed those numbers.

I agree that anytime I visit a Walmart, the other customers appear to be very overweight for the vast majority of them.

@TomMcGiverin There is no place like a Walmart for a boost of confidence. πŸ™‚

@Sticks48 For me, it has the opposite effect. Instead of making me feel superior to most of the other customers, I end up feeling depressed about the workers and other customers looking so beat down and unhappy about being there.

Another choice should be added to the poll: food is the most reliable source of personal comfort. For many, it's the only source.

I'm now 221, down from 245 two months ago, and 274 last year. I do a heavy gym workout 3 times a week and have eliminated almost all unhealthy foods and unhealthy portions. I am sick and tired of being marginalized as a fat person and I've decided it's within my power to change that.

That is great progress and I am happy for you. Keep up the good work.

It’s all about $ and profits! Food makers could care less about heath!

Doing my part right now, aaanndd failing to give a rat's ass....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:440321
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.