Agnostic.com

7 10

LINK Boy Says He Didn't Go To Heaven; Publisher Says It Will Pull Book

Teenager announces that while he was in a coma after a car crash, he gave a false claim of going to heaven for attention. The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven was written on his words of the account he proclaimed.

He now admits he was wrong for doing it and proclaims that people are making money off of faith as a gimmick. He was only 6 and was doing it for the attention. He then announces that all religious text written by people cannot be infallible....

...and then he cranks up the crazy with an absolution theorem: "The bible is the only source of truth. Those who market materials must be called to repent and hold the Bible as enough."

Nikonian 5 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...from the mouths of babes...

His last name is very appropriate, Malarkey.

Well he has enough of a conscience at least to come clean. And maybe enough integrity to follow the evidence where it leads. I pray that dog will un-save his mortal soul.

Can't imagine what possessed him to make such a claim!

I happened to be visiting Heaven that day and clearly saw the little guy shouting: "Jesus Christ, what happened!" It was a favorite expresion he picked up from his religious family and had heard his grandmother shout on several occasions through his grandparents' bedroom door. Well, as it happened, Jesus was just walking through the pearly gates, back from a long day of entering hearts and personal savioring and heard the little darling shouting.

It was immediately clear the kid had been involved in a wreck, so Jesus reattached an arm and stuffed an eyeball back in place; good as new! So, he lifts the boy onto his knee gives him some holy water and explains to the lad that he was only supposed to go through the windshield NOT the pearly gates and wouldhave to go back home.

Just then, while sitting on Jesus' knee, sudden vertigo caused the kid to fall off. The kid looks up and shouts: "Jesus Christ! what did you put in this water?"

Well, there happened to be a big Gay wedding going on that day and they had, understandably, run out of wine. Jesus said, "Sorry kid, I forgot thou wert holding thy chalice whence they fetched me the jars." That's the way Jesus talks. Ask any Baptist.

So, Jesus picked the kid up, stuffed the eye back for the second time and summoned the uber of all ubers to return him to the hospital. I caught the ride along because of runniing late getting back to earth in time for Ramadan.

What an ungrateful little bastard!

@Silver1wun If you're not already, you should be a comedian. Made my day!

The kid had a good scam going. He could have just shut up and made a good living off of the rubes. But no, he has to open his mouth and act all high and mighty. Sure, he's got integrity, but that doesn't pay the bills.

Based on the article it looks like the dad (co-author) was keeping all the money. That might be the reason why he is finally snitching.

Interesting that the Christian community tried to block people from whistle-blowing about the lie.

I can think of another book full of lies that they don't want folks saying anything bad about... 🙂

Another one no one needs to hear from.
People have always been making money off of faith as a gimmick.
That's how religion has always worked.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44110
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.