Agnostic.com

7 1

Demonizing women: Catholic church

These questions have always run inside my head. I would like to find out why Christianity demonizes women.

Is demonizing women a sign of hidden homosexuality? Why sex is also demonized? Why a child needs to be "cleansed" from the sin of conception? Why the Catholic church is so scared of sex and women?

DUCHESSA 8 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

because women will rule eventually and the boys can't handle that

And I wonder who convince them of being able to rule....

Interesting. I read a great book several years ago by a former priest who did this research per the Vatican, and later left the Catholic church over its refusal to change:
Ordination of Women in the Catholic Church: Unmasking a Cuckoo's Egg Tradition by John Wijngaards
[amazon.com]

As a group of authoritarians, the fact that women can do what they can't is maddening. By percentage, Catholics have a huge # of homosexual priest compared to over-all population. Men who were confessed homosexuals were encouraged towards the priesthood. Believing that god would change their minds with grace. Seems maybe predators were attracted for the same reason, wanting a change of heart or wanting close contact with underage children. Both disgusting thoughts anchored in religious stupidity.

I don't think the church is ". . . scared of sex and women?" I believe they (Catholic church) demonize and scapegoat women for example "God condemned all man because evil woman seduced man into eating an apple." (quoted from a Catholic presentation on a Native American reservation) is a control issue to assure male domination and sexual control of wemon. (Lame) The question that I would like answered is why are there more women in the Catholic church them Male?

As far as I'm concerned it's about control, and oppressing women and convincing them they are in that position of their own free will ensures the power structure gets passed along to her children, maintain the control from generation to generation.

There is a really interesting book called "Who Cooked The Last Supper" (I can't remember the author) that explores this topic in depth.

GwenC Level 7 Nov 20, 2017

Yes, that's the one

I was brought up Catholic and am in awe of my fellow Brit, Stephen Fry, for this considered perspective:

I didn't get to watch the entire video as I have a limit on how much I can stream, but anytime you get exquisite speakers like Hitch and Fry on the stage at the same time, it will be good in my book.

Great link. This is one of my favourites debates.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4429
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.