Agnostic.com

9 0

Have you ever been attracted to someone who you're not normally attracted to? What was it about them? Did it go anywhere?

ScienceBiker 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gosh, where do I start. First I will say that I was working in HR and there are boundaries. At the time I had just gotten back to work. I had taken a leave of absence for a year because my husband
had passed. I was trying to get into the groove of working and living. His name was Nick, all I know is that our eyes met for about 5 minutes, and we could not stop looking at each other. He was a new manager, normally I would not be attracted to someone that is 5 '8'. I only date taller men. Nick was finer than Tom Cruise. All I knew was that I was not going to lose a job over a man.
I also knew and felt that I was in trouble.
Then there was Nick telling me how he was looking forward to working together. Nick was wonderful at problem solving every situation when it came to retail. He was kind and very caring to others.
He was just sweet and loved by everyone.
So as time went by, I avoided him as much as possible. I found out that Nick was newly engaged.
Then I thought great !! I should be cured from my secret crush. There's no dating in the workplace there are rules. Then it happened, Nick came into my office attempting to tell me about a certain situation. Out of the blue he says, I cannot stop thinking about you, those legs, those eyes.... I have never known such a happy woman.
I didn't know what to say, then I said well thank you but both of us have jobs that we enjoy.
Besides, you are engaged and congratulations by the way. He says, I don't have to stay engaged to her. I told him to marry the woman and be happy. I'm not going to have kids, so I think she's going to be your best option. I went back to avoiding him as much as possible, but he did not help. He started getting my daily iced coffee. He started getting my daily salads with extra greens just the way I like.
8 months later everything was still innocent. I still managed to keep it professional. The intensity was magnetic. You could see the confidence within himself in every way. I saw a mentally strong man. I would have loved to have kept him for myself, but the thing is, he belonged to someone elseI. I knew this was not something that I was going to act on. I told Nick that if he didn't transfer that I would. There was no point in torturing ourselves. He gave me a kiss on my forehead, and both of us had tears. Nick said "your charisma captures me, and I'm going to miss it".
Nick transferred instead. Remember the blushing bride to me ? The lady that cuts my hair was sharing some of her pics on here phone.
There's Nick on her phone.

Now that is an intense experience. Snaps to you on your discipline. I know I would have folded like a cheap card table in that situation.

@ScienceBiker
What would you have done ?

@Palindromeman
Well Nick was no help when he said that rules are made to be broken. When that little voice of reason kicks in.....

@ScienceBiker
Those HR rules can be so wicked, but rules are in place for a reason.

@Wildgreens Trust me, I have been the Nick in that particular scene. My capacity as an engine of chaos knows no bounds, I'm afraid.

@Kassie
Sounds like you want a novel.

This is quite the story ,sounds very intense for sure!

Yes. They were funny & kind, highly intelligent & very attractive. It definitely went somewhere.

Yes. I don't know. No.

A body builder. Turned out he was dumb as a box of rocks, so it ended quickly. He sure was easy on the eyes, though.

We're not all stupid. 😉

Yes. All my relationships have been so different. My last boyfriend was 25 years younger than me, college professor now working at Brookings, Jewish (never dated anyone my birth religion), and intelligent and political activist. We became friends and even though he has remarried his wife and 10 year old and lives in Maryland we say hi and share political posts once in a while.

This is odd, thinking about it now... Yes, (a guy one might classify as somewhat of a redneck) I won't go into a lot of details, but, yes, (granted it was an attraction, not an overwhelming passion, lol).
No, it didn't go anywhere, cause I never spoke about it or acted on it.

No, not really.

I don't have a type that I'm "normally attracted to," so I couldn't say.

I've often been attracted to people who were not considered very attractive at all by conventional standards. There was just something about them. And, then I've been attracted to people that were very much attractive to many people. No rhyme or reason about what turns my head.

Have you? What was it? Where'd it go?

@ScienceBiker LOL!! Cute description! I think you made the right choice.

No, not really.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.