Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK PHOTOS: #MenToo: The hidden tragedy of male sexual abuse in the military

This is such a horrible reality. This article is tough to read (I thought it was, anyway.) 😔😔😔

SeaGreenEyez 9 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have zero tolerance for male entitlement and predatory females REGARDLESS if they were raped themselves before becoming perpetrators

Mary has done great work but my Navy has still not healed from TAILHOOK and abuse/rape of WAVES..... all sailors are sailors now instead of dicks&bitches......the label "hyper masculine" is just another lie covering up male entitlement wherever rapists rape in body cavities or body parts attacked.....MILITARY SEXUAL TRAUMA is both physical and psychological......learning hand to hand combat MUST NOT UNCLUDE rapists acting out upon lawful service members.... I was neither a steer or a queer in my Navy but heard the stories from both

Now that women can report rapists outside their chain of command.....raped men are quickly reporting to the same action line.... rapists are attacking men ASSUMED to be gay as well as gay military personnel....raped women reports are declining because rapists are being caught or turning on men ....wanting to be a killer for Uncle Sam includes wanting to rape in military culture.....male entitlement has deep roots in our boots on the ground in 149 countries

Unfortunately men are to ashamed or to terrified of mockery to report or even admit to it in or outside of the work environment (be it military or otherwise) and whether the assault was by a man or a woman.
It took me years to admit to anyone I was a victim of spousal abuse (emotional, physical and sexual) by my first wife, once I did I found it was an all to common state of affairs leading to a criminal subculture that is or was hardly ever spoken about publicly, and the more "manly" the environment the more secrecy abounds.

Atrocious

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:445683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.