Agnostic.com

4 2

Hi this is my first post. Does it anger others that religion is playing such a major role in this crooked administration?

sassygirl3869 9 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They certainly are testing the separation of church and state..

I like your use of religion and crooked, two words that go well together! You could also add governments to that list! And yes it angers me that we are in an era that could be so prosperous for everyone but we are held back by governments and religion.

I can't comment on your nation's scenario but in my part, I see relegion as the most handy tool to deceive people. Demagogues use it to polarise people on some unrealistic things by diverting there attention from real problems like growth rate and employment.

Welcome! I am new here myself. There isn't much this administration does that DOESN'T anger me. I actually see their use of religion as a benefit - it shows us how widespread corruption is in all religions. Kinda like how all the white nationalists and KKK groups have come out of the shadows. Now we have a better idea of just how widespread and embedded racism is in our country. And to fix a problem, you have to know it exists!!

I have always been personally bothered with racism. As a child living on the outskirts of a growing upper middle class town I learned that my best friend next door was different becausethe color of his skin was different. His parents were both college professors. When another family with a son the same color moved down the street his parents wouldn't allow him to play with the other kids. My parents decided to move to a bigger house in another part of town. They had trouble selling their house because 2 black families lived on the street. After over a year of owning 2 houses my parents sold their house to another family of a diferent color. Apparently our neighbors were now racists. I was 9 years old when I learned what racism was. It's here and Trump and Bannon are usung it to their advantage

Awareness is the first step I always say. But one must act with passion and conviction from there
It's terrible how easily the bigots and hateful people surfaced once the orange one took over. Now that we see how widespread the problem is, it's clear that the fix will take time and patience and energy and must be addressed before it's too late

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4459
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.