Agnostic.com

6 13

LINK Archaeologists discover 81 ancient settlements in the Amazon - The Washington Post

More to be come to light than this, I predict...and these were not "unknown". They were just not known about by Europeans!

BookDeath 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Discoveries will always be made altering the best efforts of scientists to project reality, past and present. The type of hubris in that general profession (science) is reinforced by colleagues and may convey a sense of security. And those seeking further are ofter shunned by their colleagues, creating a disincentive for thinking and exploring outside the box.
Think about the assumption that we are the most advanced conscious entities ever to in habit the earth. And what a threat it would be to discover evidence of an advanced race inhabiting our (really not "our" ) planet millions of years ago.

soquel Level 6 July 10, 2018

I couldn’t get the link to work but I know about these settlements from my readings. It’s amazing what smallpox did to the continent.

The Americas were well populated well and had thriving metropolises before Europeans ever got here.

Some people do not need us, the destroyers of their world. They were not in any hurry to let us know they were there.

Thank you. I'd seen headlines but hadn't read any background yet.

Waaaa. I wanted to read it, but I must've already read some Washington post articles this month. I have to subscribe in order to read it.

@BookDeath Yes, it did. I have it now. Thank you!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.