Agnostic.com

27 9

What computerized machinery have you struggled with?

For the first time since age 12, I feel stymied by a sewing machine.

I got a new, computerized Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine. Steep learning curve. Gave my old sewing machine to my daughter.

Now I have a soft, washable, gray suede vest and lining cut out. Today I basted together pieces and hit a wall. Can't sew it together until I:

1. Get into a relaxed and alert learning mode. 1,2,3... memorize.

2. Watch a 45-minute youtube introductory video.

3. Read the thick instruction manual, not my favorite thing.

Feel like committing Hari Kari with a seam ripper.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get frustrated figuring things out,try over and over and no luck,,Usually i take a break and go do something else and come back to it and things usually fall into place,I think the brain is doing some computting in the back ground while it is taking a rest from the problem

Like you if I cannot figure it out by just looking at it trouble. I am finally getting used to reading the instructions. Unfortunately most of the stuff I have to read is for foreign made stuff (hardware, the fancy stuff) and to make it easier they do it in pictures. I apparently do not do picture instructions well at all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:446413
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.