Agnostic.com

0 1

LINK Arizona Pastor: ‘God’s Judgement’ Responsible For Australian Wildfires | Michael Stone

One of my brothers, who is religious told me when I gtot leukemia, that it was because I was gay and god as punishing me. Well, I got over the leukemia, I'm still gay, and he is still religious. Only now he has full blown diabetes and heart problems...

The point is people often use events to justify their beliefs... it is a part of confirmation bias. If an event can confirm their beliefs then they pay attention, but if an event doesn't confirm their beliefs then they don't pay attention.

I think I got over leukemia because I have always been generally healthy and ate healthy. My brother on the other hand has abused alcohol and drugs, ate mostly junk foods and now I am healthy and he is ill. Unhealthy living will catch up to you when you get older.

snytiger6 9 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:446932