Agnostic.com

6 12

Things look better in the morning. Right?

Last night, I sewed together a vest I'm making. Tried it on and groaned. It's too short and way too big around the waist. So, I planned to throw it away. What a waste ($25) of materials.

But things looked better this morning. As usual.

Tried it on with the facing and lining pinned in (adds bulk).Took in two inches around the waist and hips. Much better. Will use hem tape on the bottom to reduce the length by only 1/4".

A good project during a snowstorm.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If its too short you can always add some more material on the bottom if you have any. It will make it look more unique. You are doing a fine job.

@Jolanta

Good idea! I have enough leftover material to add a 2-3" long band at the bottom. Unfortunately, the nap is in the wrong direction.

Today I called Joann's Fabrics. They have the washable suede I used. Will go tomorrow as soon as the roads are plowed. We're having a big snowstorm.

Don't give up, you'll get it right, just keep trying.

@Paddypereira

Thank you.

Today I'm adjusting it to follow the lines of my body. Like this jacket I made last August.

@LiterateHiker The above picture shows how great you are. looking good. Don't overthink your projects. They seem to all look good to me.

@dalefvictor

Thanks, Dale. I will add a 3" band at the bottom of the jacket. Today I called Joann's Fabrics, and they still have the washable gray suede.

As soon as it stops snowing and roads are cleared, I will get the fabric.

I don't. 😀

Sometimes, you open your eyes, gnaw your arm off, and jump out the window...

Who knows, you might start a new fashion trend!

When I used to sew, and when I screwed up a project (which happened more times than I care to admit), I would usually make a pillow out of whatever I messed up.
I couldn't bring myself to throw away what was usually always salvageable.

I made LOTS of pillows, and gave many away as gifts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:447877
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.