Agnostic.com

4 3

Michael Bloomberg has only one unique donor.

Love The Surge! Funny and spot on. After briefly recapping progress of Democrat presidential candidate front-runners:

"Let’s check in on news from the overlapping dimension where Democratic Primary 2 is being contested.

"While the Democratic Primary 1 candidates begin their final sprint to the finish in Iowa and New Hampshire, billionaire Michael Bloomberg is fighting tooth-and-nail in Primary 2, competing hard this week in Illinois, Virginia, Ohio, Minnesota, and Texas.

"He has spent more than $170 million in these states, an advertising blitz—though “blitz” doesn’t really cut it; Bloomberg 2020 ads are more a fact of life at this point in the way that Geico ads are—that has gotten him the polling numbers he needs to qualify for next week’s debate.

"Alas, his total number of unique donors—one—is well short of the donation threshold, which means he won’t be onstage, at least not in our dimension."

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aside from the relentless advertising, what does he bring to the table? Why are people supporting him?

@RoboGraham

I don't support Michael Bloomberg. He's a racist jerk. As mayor of New York, he pushed "Stop and Frisk" policy. Anyone the police found suspicious, most often minorities.

[nytimes.com]

@LiterateHiker I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of supporting him. I'm just genuinely curious so I put the question out there. He is climbing in the polls so lots of people must be getting aboard the Bloomberg train. Is it just the ads? Or does he actually offer something that I'm over looking?

@RoboGraham

I have no idea why people support Michael Bloomberg.

Racists in New York City?

@LiterateHiker I've heard that he is very unpopular in NYC. The frisk stopping thing ought to be enough to doom his candidacy but with so much money, he seems to be literally buying support.

Repeat something enough and some people start to believe it. That's Trump's strategy.

Bloomberg- the Democrat Trump.

I have no idea how to feel about this guy.

Who cares? Those debates and the format are STUPID! You learn nothing in these debates. You are giving them a couple of minutes to explain complex ideas. RIDICULOUS! I don't watch them anymore.

@Sticks48

I disagree. The debates show which candidates are intelligent, articulate, poised and well-thought out. Who can answer questions clearly, instead of giving vague answers or ducking the question.

Also, debates show who can think on their feet and act gracious and poised under pressure.

@LiterateHiker I get none of that. They are so over prepared including having that one sound bite to throw in there when they can. I have learned more from 20 to 30 minute interviews on MSNBC than all of the debates put together. I don't care if they are fast on their feet. Presidents, except for don't make fast decisions. They make well thought out decisions. That is what I am looking for, well thought out, intelligent decisions. Of course we are not all looking for the same things in a President.

@Sticks48

Marianne Williamson is a long-time wacko and fraud. She made a fool of herself in the early debates. After the debate, I looked her up and learned she is an anti-vaxxer and doesn't believe in medicine.

Millions of Americans looked her up, too. Her support cratered. That was important.

[thedailybeast.com]

@LiterateHiker No it wasn't. She had as much chance of winning as I would. Even Bernie has said they are useless. These stupid debates is one of the reasons trump became President. He wasn't the smartest, he wasn't the most informed, and he wasn't the most knowledgeable. He just came across better on TV. He never said one thing that made him look qualified for the job.

@Sticks48 They've turned the debates into something resembling a miss America pageant for politicians. Trump is extremely familiar with those and thus, knew exactly how to excel at it.The purpose of the debates is to generate ratings and make money for the advertisers, not to inform the public. It is a very ineffective method of learning important information about the candidates.

If you really want to get to know a candidate and understand their policies and personalities, listen to a podcast that they have been on. A two hour long conversation with an interviewer from outside the corporate media world is the best way I know of to gain the most relevant information concerning these presidential options.

@Sticks48, @LiterateHiker She seems like she has good intentions but she is not a rational thinker.

Judge Judy was on "The View" last week endorsing Bloomberg. I always thought she was conservative. She made a pretty good case for him, but then she would, being a professional case-maker.

Deb57 Level 8 Jan 10, 2020

Bloomberg is jealous of TrumpOLINI jump from NYC Democrat to WHITE HOUSE Rethuglican so Michael buys into the Democrat race as a LIBERAL PARTY guy.....5 active parties in NY ONLY GREENS are not fascist zioninsts of the five with "Working Families Party" enabling "fusion" in several states, the confusion is only escalating with the difference between a CAUCUS and a secret ballot primary

I tend to be moderate left, not extreme left, and thus I will listen with an open mind to candidate endorsements. I'm fine with the fact that I haven't yet made up my mind as to whom I'll support in the Dem primary. There's still plenty of time to consider, listen, and watch who else bows out. Meanwhile, I get a little turned off by all the name calling, especially when the right does it, but it doesn't look any more attractive or mature when we good guys do it, either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:447890
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.