Agnostic.com

1 1

Missing Message

I received notice both on the bell symbol and on the envelope symbol that I had a message. When I clicked on the envelope there was no new message. I clicked on the bell and saw that the message was from someone I had a couple of times exchanged friendly messages. I clicked on it but again that person was simply not there. No new message. So I found the person and clicked to be told that the person was not available. Does this mean that for whatever reason I have been blocked by that person? My envelope symbol still says that I have a message.

rogerbenham 8 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Blocked or they were removed from the site. (Or they paused their account).

This site is unique from others in that they remove scammers.

You can check here "Watchers" to see if they are listed as Removed.

Administration removes a lot more scammers than we do. (So they may not be listed).

Also scammers tend to have a lot of folks they chat with in Private Messenger. It's how they get people "on the hook". Feel free to join the group and read some of the pinned posts to find out how scammers operate.

If it's bothering you PM me the name and I'll check to see if they are still on site. It's how most folks figure out if they blocked or if someone is gone - they have someone else check if the member is still available.

Please could you ask her to delete her message as it is indicating on my envelope ikon but is not on my messages.

Her name is LiterateHiker. She is active on the site. I still have an indication of a letter/message sent to me but never seen.

@rogerbenham I would tell her but she blocked me a few days ago. 😄

It's normal to see the person's name with a lock symbol next to it in PM if they have blocked you. As far as I know (as a member) that's how it works.

Sometimes if you clear your computer cache it will clear an old alert? If that doesn't work - message Admin or developer they might be able to fix it for you.

@RavenCT Thanks. I guess that she likes blocking people.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:447901
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.