Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Jesus rethinks

I found this link especially entertaining since it was shared on Facebook by the vicar of the Anglican Parish of Gosford, Rod Bower. (If all Christians were like Rod, we wouldn't have any trouble with them at all 🙂 )

Coffeo 8 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is so cool!!! I love it.

As far as Christians go?, I find the Marginal Mennonites pretty cool. They are totally against preaching and uninvited conversion. They accept all people no matter their belief, and are ok with you not being a Christian. They are actually a rebellious faction of the starched Mennonites and call themselves Anabaptists. They have some interesting history on European religion.

I can easily believe that Jesus would be reconsidering his return. He can't come to America or he will be deported. In the bible it said he was recieved up into the clouds untill he was out of sight. Imagine that for a moment as if he was a helium balloon. If this is how he went away then he hasn't even gotten there yet.

He would probably engage hyperdrive once clear of the atmosphere.

@Coffeo Yes, then he could travel at warp speed.

Too funny!!!

That was cute. This "SJW cuck" thanks you for posting 🙂

If you like him, check out the Marginal Menonites

Interesting. Will check further.

Although I find the link humorous and definitely worlds better than so much Christian content, I don't actually buy into the idea that there really was a historical hippy Jesus who was all about spreading love and peace. I think that IF a historical Jesus existed, he was more likely a delusional apocalyptic fraud. But there may have been no historical Jesus at all. He may have originated in myth or as a symbol for the hoped-for resurrection of the state of Israel, but became increasingly historicized. idk.

Also, lots of teachings ascribed to Jesus in the bible are way too impractical (OR just plain horrible!), like gouging your eye out if it leads you to sin (like lust), cutting off your right hand if you sin with it, lending money to your enemies without expecting anything back, not resisting evil at all, simply offering your other cheek if someone hits you in the face, taking no thought for the future, selling everything you have and giving it to the poor, hating one's family in order to draw closer to the Jewish god, etc.

I think the perfect, peaceful, hippy Jesus is a groundless fiction not worth selling, even though it's better than the Republican Jesus.

I think you may be taking the article too seriously 🙂

You may have been serious, but I have to admit that I enjoyed that read.

🙂

skado Level 9 Mar 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.