Agnostic.com

14 4

Dating Perceptions

Do you men fear when a woman really likes You? It seams like you almost want a woman who plays hard to get. When a woman shows interest, you run like little children.

Melanball 5 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My god no please like away like away ... in this day and age it's hard for a man to tell if he's crossing a line! So please like away!

Fear? (more like profound reservation) only if they clearly represent a intellect, character, emotional economic, or health trait/burden or or attribute I do not wish to adopt.

As for liking a woman who is hard to get? Not going to happen. I am not going to waste my time trying to convince my equal or better (this is my unrealistic standard for a partner) that I am worthy of her time. If mutual consideration is not the de-facto condition, I will go no further.

When a suitable woman expresses great like? If she is representative of the standards I maintain: honest, atheist, fiscally responsible, open minded, intelligent, self-sufficient, with a strong appreciation for the scientific method, I am greatly honored and reciprocate positive interactions.

I'm pretty sure you're not in touch with reality. I sense a cloak of fake confidence covering for insecurity. If it's not fake then you are arrogant which is not attractive at all.

@Melanball Your assessment is grievously flawed.

I am in touch with reality and was aware my first comment may strike a nerve with you as, instead of placing (what I assumed was an experience/s where you were rejected (the logical foundation of your question)) your rejection by a male on the male i.e. your. ". run like little children", I pointed out the female may not possess the desirable attributes worthy of pursuit by "men".

I chose to shed light on this because, in direct contradiction of you character evaluation of me, I live in and actually value "reality" over polite, tell people what I think they want to hear so everybody feels good.

You may with to examine your own relationship with "reality".

As for you "fake confidence covering for insecurity" If you are referring to the dating world, I do not participating in that realm so how exactly does this give you the impression of that I have any type of "confidence?" I live in the middle of nowhere that is almost entirely theistic and I do not respect those who believe in a magic sky daddy. As a result, many years ago I accepted the my remaining years, after my parents pass, (they live a mile from my house) will be spent with my many hobbies and interests. This is why I devote free time to hobbies such as my home theatre, (profile photo) and not sniffing around in the local bars.

At this point that look is amazement not fear.

I'm suceptible to it, but I don't LIKE it.

I'm really bad at reading the signals correctly so a woman who's a bit more forthright would be handy, there also needs to be a mutual fancying as well of course 🙂

I think some people - men and women - are like that. It's like: be careful of what you wish for, you just might get it.

More the fear/insecurity that women don't/won't like me.

I don't like playing hard to get at all.

I don't fear it unless it's not mutual and she's overbearing about it. I'd love for a woman to say she's interested. Nothing to be afraid of.

not this one but I'm married so the ring makes the level of like lessen!

I take offense at that. I run like a middle aged man with bad knees.

@Donotbelieve well at times I run like a drunk, middle aged man with bad knees

@Rudy1962 Oh, to have any knees at all and an empty beer bottle to sniff the fumes...

(A tip of the hat to Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen Sketch.)

I find on dating sites guys almost always say no drama or games. But as a woman you end up totally having to play games for them! Pretend you aren’t interested in talking about sex or they won’t take you seriously. Be coy. Etc

That depends on the woman. I had a lady friend that gave me a truck a boat and a motorcycle. I turned them all down because I didn't like her that way. On the other hand I knew a woman that for the first time in my life picked me up by walking up to me and saying, you're taking me to dinner tonight, and had sex with me on the first night and I married and 16 years later I buried her.

Women are the same . I know loads of women who have complained about men who are to clingy or to keen

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.