Agnostic.com

16 36

Today's Women's March was great!

Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson honored us again in Wenatchee by speaking at the Woman's March rally and marching with us. About 400 people marched.

"Last January, I reported that we have sued the Trump Administration 24 times and won 16 lawsuits so far," Bob Ferguson said today.

"Up to today, we have sued the Trump administration 55 times. The main themes are the climate crisis, women's rights and immigrant's rights when Trump has violated the Constitution or Bill of Rights."

"Some lawsuits are still in the appeals process. It keeps us busy. Of the 24 lawsuits finished that have exhausted the appeals process -no more appeals allowed- we are at:

Washington State: 24.

Trump: 0.

The crowd went wild cheering.

At the rally, we heard speakers on the climate crisis, immigrant rights, Planned Parenthood, Native American rights, and more. We started in the Performing Arts Center theater. It was warm indoors listening to speakers, unlike last year when we froze on the courthouse steps and lawn.

A police officer stood by the stage, scanning the exits.

Inside the doors of the Performing Arts Center, a lone anti-abortion Christian protester stood with a sign. I told her I support abortion rights and am an atheist.

"That figures you're an atheist," she replied nastily. I laughed and walked away.

Across the street was a crazy old man with an large sign- "God will punish you for killing babies!" - with scrawled doom/repent Bible quotes. I gave him the finger and shouted, "Keep your rosaries off my ovaries!"

I carried the sign I made for last year's Women's March. It was wonderful to be with like-minded people. Many motorists honked and waved in support.

People loved my sign: "Please Note the LACK of Nazis at Our Marches." It's humorous and accurate.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

love it. It is fun going to protest marches and Ive been to many. Wish I was at this one but travel is a problem. Great to hear male feminists amongst the crowd.

lo..love your sign quote

Good for you!

Very lovely to hear. I laud your commitment to personal choice, equality, and freedom.

Outstanding participation!

There was a long editorial in today's Seattle Times about Fergusons myriad of lawsuits against the local tRumper, Tim Eyeman. He has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy but still manages to spend over @24,000 a month on personal things (like a $79 haircut every 3 weeks. He is pulling every trick in the book such as claiming a divorce filing (in which he still lives with his wife despite having an apartment in which his in-laws contribute a large sum of money). He has filed he pays child support even though there is no court order stipulating one. One lame excuse after another. This is a guy who is getting money for a run for governorship in 2020!! The latest $30 car tab win has been put on hold by the courts because it may be unconstitutional yet he still gets money fro supporters to continue pushing initiatives.

@JackPedigo

I despise shyster Tim Eyeman. Because WA State has no income tax, public services, road repair and such are funded with excise taxes.

It's a regressive tax systems that disproportionately hurts poor people.

That's why it costs so much to get a fishing or hunting license, car license, taxes on buying a car, etc.

@LiterateHiker It amazes me how such people can get away with so much. Governor, hell, he might think he could even run for president!!!

GRRRREAT ! 🙂

How many men joined in?

@Geoffrey51

The line of marchers was so long, I don't know the total percent of men.

Three men were marching among a dozen people around me.

@LiterateHiker that’s a good showing around 20% from the sample.

I might be tempted to reply at the comment about killing babies with "so don't eat veal." Read, in the paper about all Ferguson's victories. Now the question is what will come of these victories? tRump and his ilk care little for other people's legal wins and simply ignore them. FFRF has sued the IRS twice about prosecuting religious groups that break the Johnson amendment. They won both times but nothing is done.

The Denver march was today, while we in Colorado Springs made signs for our march next Saturday!

I had so much fun at the first Portland march, what a rush! Thank you for carrying on!

I would have liked to have been there. Love your signs and this sounds exciting. As for the so called pro-life Christians they should wake up and read their bibles. The book says nothing remotely close to what they believe.
In my area right wing believers run a health food store. They think Jesus would not be happy with all the giveaways. They must have another bible somewhere. Maybe they cannot understand theirs. IDK.

I love your dedication to our environment and human rights. Your signs are wonderful!!!!!!

@Redheadedgammy

Thank you for your support. Hugs, Kathleen

I am glad it went well!

I heard about the March here in NYC but I didn't go.. I found out too late and already had plans 😞

Yay, Literate! What city were you in?

Here in LA, there were fewer marchers than the half-million who attended the first march, (there had to have been many thousands) but it was just a wonderful feeling, being with so many others who shared our feelings! We all collected energy from one another....and hope!

The signs, costumes, songs and hand-outs were brilliantly funny and creative. Vendors sold shirts, "pussy" hats, flags, water, and other goodies.

Cops were helpful and wore big smiles, too. We felt very safe. I thought about all the preparations which had one into their plans for our safety. SIGH.

Here's something fun,,,of course, the ''godly'' showed up (they even got a permit for a ''demonstration" ) with bullhorns, posters of biblical warnings/doom/eternal damnation...you know the junk. They'd tied "bloody" baby dolls to their posters and were busy earning heavenly ''brownie points'' as they repeated their slogans and threatened us with the punishment of Jesus. (Funny, I never read of Jeeebus ranting about abortions...did you?)

Planned Parenthood was there (I was with them) and we gave out ''swag''...including wire coat hangers with a pink wrapper which says "WARNING! This is not a surgical instrument."

We're so fortunate to have a large Hispanic population--these folks bring portable grills and entice the crowd with the glorious smell of grilling peppers/sausages/onions/garlic! (I don't eat pork and it still made my mouth water!)

The march ended at LA City Hall and we all assembled into the giant ''mall'' in front of the speakers' stand.

Well...here came the godly, trying to make their way into the mall, bullhorns blaring. You should have seen it...a group of male marchers suddenly assembled and moved forward, blocking the intruders. A teenaged girl had a large plastic horn (TERRIBLE sound) and she was blowing it into their faces. Other protesters shouted ''god is love/god is love" over and over, to block their bullhorns!

All of the marchers effectively pushed the ''gawdly'' backward, into the street.....and then, the cops showed up! It was all over within seconds!

Roseanna Arquette was speaking at the time and she never skipped a beat!

Anyone else attend a march?

@LucyLoohoo

In Wenatchee, WA where I live.

@LucyLoo

Inside the doors of the Performing Arts Center, a lone anti-abortion Christian protester stood with a sign. I told her I support abortion rights and am an atheist.

"That figures you're an atheist," she replied nastily. I laughed and walked away.

A crazy old man with an large anti-abortion sign, "God will punish you if you kill babies!" was stationed across the street as we marched by. I gave him the finger and shouted, "Keep your rosaries OFF my ovaries!"

@LiterateHiker Feels good, doesn't it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:450685
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.