Agnostic.com

6 3

LINK Defying Theories, This Ghostly Galaxy Has Almost No Dark Matter

This galaxy has much less dark matter expected for its size, thereby providing some useful knowledge about formation of galaxies and the existence of dark matter.

BookDeath 8 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"...10 unusually bright globular clusters orbiting the nebulous DF2 caught the researchers' eyes...the clusters shine far brighter than other similar objects, though they are about two times less dense than their fellow clusters.

So, could dark matter have been "transformed" into dark energy where there is less gravity?

I don't think we have more than an inkling when it comes to understanding what we call matter or energy

Thanks. That's an interesting link even if it mostly says 'we don't know yet'.
I love their inference that the absence of dark matter implies its existence.

I am not convinced about anything concerning datrk matter, too little info, to me it is only a theory.

I think we have a long way to go in understanding dark matter. Take the scientific term of the "nothing" that our universe was supposed to have come from. Nothing does not mean "nothing." There is something there but we cannot detect it enough to know just what it is. That's why we call it nothing. It's complicated.

I try and explain this to my atheist boyfriend he doesn’t get it . He’s satisfied by nothing is nothing, can’t get beyond that point , he gets mad if u say nothing is something then claims I must believe in god lol so annoying

I think all the dark matter got sucked into Trump's head.

@Tomaf lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.