Agnostic.com

52 9

Could I be considered an atheist or a deist?

I know it sounds strange and all, but I'm kind of confused about certain things.
I say to those close to me that I am an atheist, that I don't believe in God and I don't follow the Bible.
But I have to say that I'm interested in the concept of a higher force who created us, even though I have no proof of that. Like, a force that created the universe and all that, but it doesn't require or demands our love and extreme obedience.
So can I still be considered an atheist or a deist? What are your thoughts on that?

RaiGab 5 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (51 - 52)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wouldn’t worry about it. Be who you are and don’t let a label define you.

You don’t need a club!

I hate labels, if you do not believe in gods or religions, then you can call yourself a non-believer. Anything else is just mental masturbation, a higher force that created not us but the universe, and as you say "all that", have you heard of evolution? the big bang? that's proof of your higher force.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:455320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.