Agnostic.com

4 0

What do you make of the Iowa caucus clusterfvck?

Is this fiasco just a case of incompetence or something more sinister?

WilliamCharles 8 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I beg your pardon---I live in Iowa---we spent a lot of money on fiber cable years ago---well--pencil again--maybe new rules/format

Stuy Level 4 Feb 12, 2020

I have no ill will against the people of Iowa, I just don't feel they were served well by the party. I'm very pleased with the votes for Bernie. Am always hoping for a big turnout for my candidate, but am also beginning to understand the time commitment it requires of participants. I'm used to running in, casting my ballot, and heading back out the door.

If the manufacturing of consent doesn't work, we'll just manufacture the results, and then manufacture the consent that the results weren't manufactured with our endless gaslighting.

Lather.Rinse.Repeat.

The initial problem was incompetence and poor planning, but after that, esp. once the DNC got involved, I think the delays in the release of results past the first 24 hours after the caucuses were more about sinister stuff, like the party wanting to control the narrative of who won and got the media bounce from it. At that point, I think it became about releasing the results selectively to show only the precincts they wanted to that would give them the winner they wanted, Mayor Pete, rather than Bernie... Fortunately, they couldn't prevent the news getting out clearly that Biden did really poorly...

30% incompetence 70% sinister.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:456874
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.