Agnostic.com

6 0

Does cutting roses make a rose bush produce more?

Gardening isn't a category, so we'll say I'm asking about plant health.

Cassandra 6 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes

In general , ' deadheading ' will encourage blooming of almost anything except bulbs I believe . Of course , it's always worth pruning roses late winter to get rid of the deadwood , improve air circulation and it helps defend against disease and parasites etc . Personally , I don't grow roses but deadhead my geraniums , begonia etc ... Takes ages , but it's worth it .

I have wild roses. If I cut them back they produce usually the following year-its been years-they are do this year. I think there is a gardening group now. Take a look.

I think so as all the rose wants to do is reproduce and you're taking that away from it. I know it works with other flowers apart from bulbs I think. there's a great gardening site called growsonyou.com that you can find out in and probably enjoy.

If its a rambler rose, it should not be cut back hard. It does need support to run on, like a fence or trellis. If its a bush type, they should ve pruned in the fall.

there is a gardening group

@Cassandra click on "meet" at the top pf the page then click the groups btton. you can see all the possibilities there

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.