Agnostic.com

8 2

Do atheists celebrate Valentine's Day?

Do you celebrate or ignore Valentine's Day with or without a partner?

Cecilia2018 7 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep, I celebrate it with or without a partner. ☺️ I make treat bags to give to my girls and people close to me (this year it was white chocolate chex mix), and my sister started hosting a scrumptious annual Valentine's Day dinner party which I attend. I consider it a holiday about love. All kinds of love.

First of all, Valentine's Day is not a religious holiday.

I don't have a romantic partner but I celebrate February 14 as a friendship day with close friends, my students and my grown up chiildren.

Ask yourself, do atheists love others ? Of course.

Do they ALL observe Valentine's day ? Some do, I'm quite sure.

I wear a little red heart pin on my shirt on this day, and proclaim to anyone that comments : "I have a heart on !"
Always makes for giggles ... and cheers folks up - including myself . : )

It's not a religious holiday

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 14, 2020

I don't know of any theists who would consider it a religious holiday, even though it's named after a saint.

Deb57 Level 8 Feb 14, 2020

A priest named Valentine was murdered by Romans 1750 years ago....why he was elected into the saints scam later I really don't care to guess why but the Patron Saint of EyeSight and Virginity is quite a tale ....Lucia was a virgin forced to marry some evil slob who did not rape her but demanded she seduce him......she refused all his threats and he had her tied and ready to be burned at the stake.....while the flames began to rise she asked him why he would never release her to freedom and he said YOUR EYES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.....before she died burning to a crisp, she blinded herself and threw her eyeballs at his feet

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Like every other holiday! I wish my female friends Happy Valentin’s Day, send Mom flowers and take her to dinner. Sent an online card to my ex, who I am still friends with and love. But I don’t take it anymore seriously than Easter 😁.
That being said Happy Valentines Day! 💘 Love of any kind should be celebrated!

You give your mom flowers and take her to dinner? That's really sweet.

With, and ignore it.

<cue sappy music>

1of5 Level 8 Feb 14, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:459852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.