Agnostic.com

8 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know that I would agree with that entirely. There are plenty of rednecks and people from the ghettos using horrible language and they are not college educated. I just think they don't know enough about the english language to express themselves any other way. Their vocabularies are very stunted and I don't think some of them can even read, much less spell. I hope it takes a little more than cursing to be considered a genius, or we're in big trouble as a society.

Read the article and the linked paper.

Sweet freaky jesus! I think you might have nailed it. I think it works both ways. If one does have good language skills to start, there still comes the realization that swearing has it's utility, and is simply the most effective method of expressing some things. And also, you don't necessarily have to be educated to have an aversion to swearing. Think of a 'backwards' type with quaint little religious beliefs who doesn't swear.

I must be a Godfuckingdamn genius!

And people who sleep in and are messy! I have all of them covered!!!

Genius!

Wow, just think of all the genius sailors there are.

I must be Einstein then.

Quit fucking swearing in the goddamn comments, assholes!

Fucking hell.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

I’ve known that for years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.