Agnostic.com

4 7

The News in Cartoons. Funny and apt.

My favorites.

[msn.com]cartoons/ss-AAJ7oYd?li=BBnb7Kz#image=42

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Satire and humour are potent weapons.

I like the 3rd one the best.

Cartoons can be so to the point and get the message across at times clearer than words

I like political cartoons, but I would not call them news 😛

@FearlessFly

The cartoons are based on recent news.

@LiterateHiker Yes, but they are cartoons, not news. Editorial cartoons -- editorials are not news either (opinions)

@FearlessFly

You are missing the point. The title is "The News in Cartoons."

"Good art work alone can’t ever make a good cartoon," says Gokul Gopalakrishnan, who is well-known for his comic strip Small Talk.

“Cartoons differ from illustrations for the incisiveness and relevance of the comment they make and how they uses the two elements of text and image to achieve this. Of course, good art helps, but without the message it becomes mere illustration.”

[thehindu.com]

@LiterateHiker . . . all that is fine and good -- still not news (if words matter).

@LiterateHiker My point is being missed. Cartoons are not news (if words matter)

@FearlessFly

Obviously you don't understand political cartoons.

Where is your sense of humor?

@LiterateHiker I like them, I understand them. I don't refer to them as News !

@FearlessFly

In the headline, the use of the word "in" means "depicted in" or "expressed in."

"The news depicted in cartoons" is too long. They needed a snappy, short headline. "The News in Cartoons" works.

@LiterateHiker YOUR post is titled "The News in Cartoons" !
Do your words mean nothing ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:460288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.