Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK How the Furries Fought the Nazi's and Won (and why I think its relevant to atheists)

One of my favourite podcasters (robert evans) and his cohosts did a 3 part special on far right extremists entering the Furry community.

It was interesting and I learned alot about Furries. Made me feel like a shallow jerk for making fun of them in the past.

It seemed very relevant because they describe how the nazi types targeted the community and had success because they are on average made up of people ostercized by regular society, often bitter towards it. Also majority younger males. (Similar to the atheist community)

I notice that these types attempt to "red pill" atheist communities where I frequent and I have distanced myself from online atheist places because sometimes it seems to be becoming a very bigoted place with alt right tendancies which I do not want to be associated with. This despite most atheists traditionally swinging left.

Alot of the patterns of infiltration described reminded me of the things right wing trolls do on my online areas. And often successfully. Things like posting anti islam or anti religion stuff that atheists agree with then twisting it into bigotry, steering the conversation to a bad place.

I also thought it was amusing because it talls about that Trans guy that supported Trump awhile back. Trump really latched on to him (like he does when any well known minority or LGBTQIA person publicly supports him). Now the guy is an actual Nazi Furry so you don't here as much about him from Trump anyone..lol. Plus the Trans and Furry communities want nothing to do with him.

The episode they did before the series was good too if you're interested
[iheart.com]

[iheart.com]

[iheart.com]

MsAl 8 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What is a Furry ?

People who dress as animals in elaborate costumes and identify as their animal. Mostly regular people in regular life I think but they get together at conventions and stuff.

People tend to think about the sexual aspects of it and its some what of a joke. I guess that's really only a very small aspect though. It seems like a supportive community for socially awkward individuals.

@MsAl like Trekkie TRIBBLES all fur born pregnant...thank you ....are some called spirit animals ???? The conventions better be out doors in the cold....I hate the smell of sweaty hot furry wearing people like us football padded players....what do women "see" or want from a smelly wet beast like me ????? It is fun to share a big bath or shower

Excellent, thought-provoking essay 👏

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:462546
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.