Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Four Lawmakers Vote Against House Bill to Make Lynching Federal Hate Crime, Cite 'Government Overreach'

Seriously? They think it is government over reach to make it illegal for mobs to go out and (kill) hang people?

snytiger6 9 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder how does lynching differ from what is in the law already regarding hate crimes? I would think this type of scenario would be very obviously already covered under existing definitions. Also, is it truthful to say leaving it to the states would mean perpetrator would receive capital punishment? 29 states do not have death penalty. Federal law does have it, but has rarely used it. Only three federal executions since 2001.

It added lynching as a "hare crime", which adds additional time to a sentencing.

@snytiger6 Okay if it adds additional time and additional charge then sure absolutely yes. I can't believe this would not have been in place already. It is an extremely heinous crime and in my opinion necessitate the highest possible punishments.

Probably resent them having to start wearing hoods while lynching instead of being able to do it in broad daylight with huge crowds while vendors took pictures and sold snacks, like in the good old days. They just want to MAGA.... What a surprise, the three who voted against it are Repubs from the South....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:464455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.