Agnostic.com

6 11

LINK School removes Bible verse after complaint

It's as simple as keeping one's religious beliefs and preferences to themselves. We all don't believe the same. It's one of the biggest problems with the Christian faith. Agree?

IAJO163 8 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More great work from FFRF. Their monthly newsletter is full of these victories. So proud to be an "After Life Member."

I agree with removal that names a specific diety in school; disagree with removal of text that quotes the bible, but can be open to interpretation - the "mighty warrior" quote. Having a problem with the "mighty warrior" quote comes across as being thin skinned and in opposition to education. I would be equally offended by having text that is from another religious source (other than bible) be removed so long as the words were neutral and could be used by anyone as an inspirational or educational idea. I believe having words from various religious texts is teaching tolerance.

But i see the problem of them actually doing it to begin with. We have laws for a reason, and we follow them largely because of the consequences. Let's face it, they knew what the law unless they've been living under a rock for the last 30 years. I think their should be some type of penalty for even doing it to start with. What do y'all think about this?

Glad someone in their legal staff knows the law.

Pretty sure there will be xtion backlash of religious persecution. That dumbass mantra of "we. were. founded. as. a. christian. nation." History and the Constitution say otherwise.

I have not yet found any way that deals effectively with such self-satisfied and wilfully ignorant people.

They did the right thing and removed the offending passages...well done I say. You are always going to get people putting up religious texts, it’s how school boards respond to requests for removal that is the important issue here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:467410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.