Agnostic.com

6 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Roughage. I am reminded of this humorous little tune.

Lettuce? That's mostly water and low in nutritional value.. why would they grow instead of kale or spinach or even sweet potatoes? You know, super foods...

It's a experiment and oxygen, just the first

this stuff isfast-maturing, and subject to very little if any effects from the lack of gravity....however experimenting no doubt will go on.

I am surprised this hasn't been done a long time ago. Lettuce, spinach, arugula et al are incredibly easy to grow and even prefer cool temps

Weightlessness.

@BitFlipper weightlessness does Not significantly effect short-term annuals like lettuce.

How does it taste though..

@SeaGreenEyez sooo, bland..damn,lol

@Charlene oh I used to grow 30' of varied lettuces before I reworked the pool deck...so many colors, shapes, textures, tastes. Beautiful & yummy!

How does micro gravity affect plant growth ?? Human musculoskeletal changes take weeks if not months for astronauts & cosmonauts to rehabilitate on earth

Lettuces et al grow very fast, and are not effected.

Cool 😎

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:467599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.