Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World (Official Video) - YouTube

This song popped into my head this morning. My office has been considering what it will take to have us work from home, which I don't want to do ever. At work I have a desktop, two screens, hands free headsets, and a standing desk. At home I would have a laptop and seems like I will have to use my cellphone. Cellphone feeds to my hearing aids so that is hands free but NO, not a good idea. My phone is not for work. Many activities are being canceled or changed to video conference/webx. Oy, we live in interesting times.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Think of how paranoid the bosses will become projecting their expectations for themselves onto you, "She is not doing enough work."

Has there been any reports of COVID-19 in your area? If they are just trying to plan ahead IN CASE there is an out break there planning ahead is good. Otherwise it does sound as tho at home - unless you can take the office equipment home on loan - sounds bleak. At Christmas I took advantage of a sale on desk top risers so I can stand at my home computer. I am retired, do not have TV, cable or a smart phone. Just the internet it is so much nicer to stand (I can do standing all day). I would ask about taking some work equipment home if you end up having to work at home.

Not yet, but with a 2-week incubation period I'm confident it's here.

Actually, University of Nebraska Med Center has a containment unit not too far from Omaha for quarantine cases. There were Ebola patient there a few years ago. We have some patients there now, I think they were from a cruise ship. The Med Center is right here in Omaha. I don't have a land line at home, and my computer is not real powerful. I don't know how this is going to play out. I do have a standing desk at work, and two monitors.

One of my favs by R.E.M..

But think of the paper, fuel, time etc. the world is saving!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:469137
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.