Agnostic.com

28 3

What countries have you traveled to?

I'm 19 now and I've traveled to Australia, USA, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, France, Spain, England, Wales and UAE.

Where has everyone else traveled?

I think that travel exposes you to different cultures that can have an overall good effect on allowing you to think from different perspectives. A rare but important skill.

I have to be honest, I loved the USA because I was able to go shooting there and it was affordable. In Australia we have so many restrictions and laws, you can go shooting but it'll cost you an arm and a leg (just a joke). Plus in America Denny's was my all time favourite diner. Also there's this good place in California, it's a restaurant called the "white house" and it serves french food I think.

For those of you who think I'm some privileged, upper class snob or whatever then just know this. I've gone on Army exercises out into the Australian desert. I slept on jagged rocks and woke up with 40+ insect bites from the creatures of the night. Spiders, ants, snakes and other freaky critters. I rowed to an island where all we had to eat for 2 days was 1 block of shortbread and any fish we could catch with hand lines. We slept in the freezing cold using an improvised tent made of a tarp and boat oars.

So never assume that the so called "privileged" people don't know what it's like to have nothing. Just a hint for those social activists out there who jump to conclusions before they hear the argument.

Lancer 7 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You Have to Define... what you considered "travel and visit". Traveling to a Country without an Experience of the Country... count a little bit like Bogus since you may had only experienced the Climate. Don't take it personal. Visiting is sharing that culture with you. that is visiting. I did 20 years in the Navy, got drunk and chased skirt in many foreign ports. France, Spain, Costa del Sol, Baleares Islands, Italy, Monte Carlo, Finland, Iceland, Germany, UK, Egypt, Israel, Somalia, Hungary, Morocco, Jamaica, Bahamas, Bermudas, Guantanamo Bay, Colombia, Venezuela and many more. Staying overnight in the town. Lived in 3 European Countries Rota SP, Crete GR, and Vaihingen GE.... And honestly... since I was born and raised in Puerto Rico... going to visit parents in New York was foreign to me. 3 Mediterranean Cruises, 2 North Atlantic Cruises, Caribbean, South American and African Cruises. Went as high Norway and the Arctic Circle... As far as Africa and the Black Sea, Suez Canal, Pillars of Hercules, As far down as Colombia and the West Indies. The most beautiful scene I ever saw was in Norway fiords January or Feb 5:00 AM, snow was pure and shining, surrounded by houses in both sides of the boat, lights starting to come up on the houses it was like a magical moment scene on a christmas card. But every time we manned the rails entering a liberty port... that adventure that the port represented was always special to me. I could had gotten in a lot of trouble in those places but never did and I give thank you because maybe there is that abstract thing called "Luck" by some and now I can tell the stories. You need to go back to those places you visited without the uniform. and I thank you for your Service.

When I was in High school, my family and I went on vacation to Germany and the Czech Republic. That was the most phenominal vacation I've experienced. Visiting Dachau, and Prague...seeing the Glockenspiel actually work!!! The snow was even different than the snow in the US. I wouls give anything to go back

Wow on all the countries. I've been to a few. The military sent me. I don't count those.Countries on my own were Mexico Belize Jamaica Grand Cayman island. England, i was born there. Theres probably a lot of places to go and see. I'm going to have to explore America first.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.