Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1K people to services

Last I heard, there was room in heaven. LOL!!!

IAJO163 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read this morning that there is a movement in Utah to have the churches reopened, as apparently some states have exempted churches from lock downs.
Oddly in Utah it was not the state legislature that closed the churches it was the Latter day saints first presidency themselves, who have themselves vanished are making no public appearance or proclamation.
So much for being the one true church and the only one with a living prophet who did not see this coming.

"It's not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated."
Yes, the virus is a clearly a blue bug! Sometimes the names people have are amusingly coincidental, as this pastor clearly has a "spell" on his congregants. Another Jim Jones in the making.

There have been psychiatrist who have claimed religion is a mental illness, I think there is no longer any doubt.

Yup, when a person makes irrational claims about invisible powers and knowledge of a wondrous future that awaits beyond this life, that person is a delusional raving lunatic. When a whole group of people behave this way, it's just religion.

@p-nullifidian except when the leader making irrational claims about invisible powers is still alive, then it is a cult.

@LenHazell53 An excellent point! Cults that survive their founders become sects, and eventually religions ... the more massive a delusion, the more it is normalized. Personally, I loathe all of them.

Fuckwit

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 26, 2020

what an asshat

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:475840
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.