Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Coronavirus is a fast-forward version of what will happen with climate change

"It's very hard to get one's mind around the scale of the developing calamity. But it also provides an important window into a potential future of unchecked climate change. The coronavirus pandemic is a warp-speed tutorial in what will happen if we don't get our act together and slash greenhouse gas emissions."

altschmerz 9 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

AH I see the wisdom of the Lord, Coronavirus IS the Rapture, taking away all the good little godbotherers before the climate change heralds forth the coming of the Antichrist.
Hallelujah, it all makes sense now, thats me converted pass the wine and waffers!

Nah

How dare you? 🙂
First things first.

If TrumpOLINI sends April people back to work the virus can really spread....instead of a few thousand dead in most states 5% of Americans could be dead by election day and a 3rd of people infected or moderately sick
.... Iowa has 3 dead and less than 40 people hospitalized because of swft stay home orders after the 1st 7 people were tested 3 weeks ago....12 people got better and went home from the hospital....only 235 positive tests out of 3000+ tests upon symptomatic people some positive for influenza some sick of chronic symptoms of other conditions....

@altschmerz a preacher who was supporting TrumpOLINI last month has died of the virus and my Congressman Joe Cunningham in Charleston has tested positive like Sen Rand Paul....so karma is working A LITTLE BIT SO FAR against those who fight minimum wage increases

Utterly different scenarios. For a start, climate change will actually benefit some areas, making them more fertile, even as the weather swings wildly and unpredictably.

@altschmerz one of them is the Sahara desert, which was fertile when the earth was warmer. There is also the very north of Russia.

@seenoevil9620 A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
The atmosphere of Venus is predominantly Carbon Dioxide, laced with around 4% nitrogen and a spot ot sulphuric acid.
Much of the heat on Venus comes not from the sun, but from its interior, unable to radiate into space because of the extremely thick blanket of the HEAVY gas, Carbon Dioxide, covering it. Methane (Carbon Tetrahydride) is LIGHT and occupies the upper atmosphere.

@seenoevil9620 I'm only a fount of useless information when it comes to things that interest an Asparagus like me - and a few others in our autism rich family.

I think bollocks.
"Climate change is going to be exactly like this, only on a much longer time scale."

That alone makes it VERY different.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:476674
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.