Agnostic.com

12 15

Two ER doctors in New York log what the rest of the world can't see

Poignant, honest and touching.

"Two emergency physicians, based at two different hospitals in the New York metropolitan area, are logging their days for Slate.

"At the end of each shift, they write a response to three questions: What was today like? How did it compare with yesterday? And how do you feel?"

"We have offered them anonymity so that they can write freely about their experiences. Dr. Kelly Keene and Dr. Lauren Serino are pseudonyms. Read Week 1 here."

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

don't be a sucker k

w/a grain of salt if you don't mind, ladies
i mean you aint watching no malaria deaths catalogued eh
oh and i have a diff number to go with that too btw;

It is really difficult for medical staff these days but it might be a big help so that if we could avoid another event medical staff were more outspoken as to why we are in this shape. Ignoring the creator of this mess only will assure it happens again.

Absolutely gut-wrenching.

Thanks for sharing.

Very real inside,thank you

I cannot imagine how it would be for doctors. My friend who is a doctor in Canberra, Australia says that not only do they have to battle the virus but they have a big increase in suicide cases. People are taking their lives because they cannot cope with any of it, especially not having money to pay rent, mortgage, food, etc, etc, even though that in Australia we do have welfare payments.

Touching and real, the battles they deal with

Excellent

Thanks for posting.

These stories are moving, and heartbreaking. I so feel for them, and am glad they chose this field - though damn sorry they have to be on these awful front lines, risking their own lives .

This is very good, thanks for posting.

Wow!!!!! Read this, if you can. OMG!!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:482389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.