Agnostic.com

9 19

Daughter Claire and I are wearing masks I made.

Now Claire, 30, and I are wearing masks made with fabric I used to sew pants for her as a child. Heartwarming.

So far, I sewed 12 mask for family, friends and neighbors. Each one is better than the last.

Now I'm padding the florist wire that goes over the nose. It's more comfortable. Bending the wire over your nose eliminates air gaps.

Since I pre-washed and shrank the cotton fabric in a hot dryer, the masks are machine-washable and dryable.

Wash the masks at least once a week. They get wet inside from our breath and can become moldy. Hanging masks in sunshine and wind kills bacteria, too.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful work and pics of the both of you ,I am still waiting on a pair of masks a friend made for me and sent them out by mail,hopefully soon but i do have disposable ones to wear when i go into stores

@RoyMillar

Thank you so much!

I bought 2 locally handmade masks today, figuring I needed a spare one is being washed. After choosing the prints I liked best, I was thrilled to find out that each was reversible, so I have 4 prints to choose from!

Great job there.

My daughter heard pipe cleaners work. you sew them in. I asked her when I searched for flat flat plastic coated wire when you asked for suggestions. Never found them.

@gigihein

Pipe cleaners are not strong enough.

You guys look like your going out to rob a train.

Awesome wish you made one for me I may be called up for medical help as a retired P.A.

That's some great work. Too bad you have to cover your pretty faces.

@nicknotes

Thank you.

They look great!

pls consider the damage you are all doing to your natural immunity ok
and that goes dbl for the hand sterilizer crap

I'm sure your foil hat will protect you...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:482572
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.