Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK New paper points out flaw in Rubber Hand Illusion raising tough questions for psychology

First my negative person experiences with psychologist.
Then the replication crisis.
Now a corner-stone "experiment" dismissed.

Personally, I don't think psychology deserves to be called a science TBH.

I fear the days that psychology is solely called an art may be upon us, with the recognition that this cornerstone experiment in the field may not be up to par to call it a science.

TheMiddleWay 8 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kinda early to be discounting it altogether don’t ya think. Right now it’s just one guy bucking the trend. Could easily be an attention ploy. Did you catch his reasoning? Hypnosis he says.....

@TheMiddleWay I wasn’t aware milgrams experiment has been discredited. Too bad, it does seem to jive with my experience of the world of humans. I’m off to read about it. Thanks for the info

"currently under peer review" -- wake me when the review is over. 😛

There remains much we do not know as to how the mind works. Guess you could say we are each the master of our own illusion.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:482848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.