4 2

LINK Coronavirus Letter To Humanity - YouTube

At the letter's end, the author said:
"Start believing in a Creator."
I would say something else like maybe:
"Start believing in a Natural, Unpolluted Earth."

AnonySchmoose 8 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nature has it's own way of fighting back, and shacks us off like a few fleas off a dog.

Nature is my Religion and my god is love. A sythetic world is not Normal and filled with fear. Especially when we monkey around with bats, snakes and camels.

Very "pretty, pretty", but utterly ineffective. It's not we normal people so much as those amongst us who are forever hungry for ever more power and wealth that cause the destruction.
That, and too much success as a species, which as a consequence leads to overpopulation.

Yes, it is not we normal people who increase the destruction.
I never overpopulated anything, except maybe by having a few extremely well-fed, neutered rescue cats, if that makes any sense.

@AnonySchmoose "Purrfect" sense. Non-reproducing pussies are a great source of enjoyment! 😂🤣

"Start believing in a creator" ?. Surely that is part of the problem. Homo sapiens have convinced themselves that they are different and superior to other animals and our "creator" made us that way

The author wrote almost the whole letter.
And then she had to have a Creator.
By saying that, she diluted all the good she had written, which was a let-down at the end.

@AnonySchmoose Sounds a bit like a rehash of the gaia theory. The earth (nature) does not do any of those things. It just IS and if we cannot live in a way that respects other animals this is what happens.

@Moravian
The earth, adorned with natural life and natural forms, just IS.
People with rapacious greed kill what IS, always WAS, and always WILL BE.
People probably will die off for lack of wisdom to accept the earth is like a living being.
The more people's minds are closed to the wisdom of the earth, the more chaos will ensue.

@AnonySchmoose Yes, the earth is like a living being but it is actually millions of living things closely dependant on one another.
There have been five mass extinctions in history and according to Peter Brannen in his book "The ends of the world" we are currently in another, of course what could stop this mass extinction is the demise of Homo Sapiens who are causing it.

@Moravian
Yes, there is a mass extinction going on.

Agree. I don't know how believing in a "creator" would solve any of the problems... My edit of this piece would be to believe in "natural consequences" regarding the treatment of earth and each other.

In any case, this is a defining moment in history and perhaps a good time to hit the "reset" button on the trajectory we've been on, to aim for a healthier future.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:484081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.