Agnostic.com

1 0

Basically legal (often underage) gambling. Shouldn't this be outlawed ?

ESRB introduces a new label to indicate that a game has loot boxes

[theverge.com]

FearlessFly 9 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being gamer, I am familiar with this. I just ignore having to pay real money for loot boxes. Most games allow you to obtain some just by playing. On the other hand, some people have a real problem with self control which is why alcoholic and gamblers anonymous exist.

That in no way addresses the underage issue.

@FearlessFly Which is parental responsibility. The article even notes that it's not just parents who requested this. Some games are referred to as pay to win. The person with the biggest wallet has an advantage. Some show no self control and go into debt to win. I knew someone who did that with online slots where the only thing you could win was more useless coins, not real money. They spent hundreds of dollars to get more pretend coins to keep playing and like all gambling, you eventually lose it all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485189
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.